Doorkee is the all-in-one rental platform that connects Departing Tenants, Apartment Seekers & Landlords to eliminate brokers and provide a better moving experience for everyone.
Off the heels of a successful launch, we are eager to welcome the right Marketing Associate to our NYC-based team (remote is fine at the moment!). We’re looking for a leader who will work alongside the Head of Marketing, spearheading the most most badass, dynamic, and groundbreaking campaigns that the prop-tech space has seen. You'll be collaborating with our internal Product, Growth, and Success teams, as well as working with our external partners (PR firm and creative digital agency). Get ready to show off your major copy writing and design skills. You need to be a kaleidoscopic problem solver, identify as a creative, and be scrappy/resourceful to help the marketing team stay one step ahead. Tact, empathy, and intelligence have never been more important in marketing, and we're looking for someone who understands the power of campaigns that marble those traits together.
Oh, did you just ask about what rad things our team does?! We got you. Every Monday morning you’ll get to catch up with the team over Brooklyn Bagels, and on Friday afternoon we always celebrate wins over drinks and board games with a team that has an incredible amount of camaraderie and determination. We want someone who is motivated to be a foundational member of a fast growing PropTech startup. C'mon, smash that apply button.
You’re the kind of person who:
- geeks out on how to explain new concepts to people and come up with creative ways to educate and excite them
- is a highly creative, and self-motivated individual who possesses a strong ability to assist the build of creative assets (social, physical collateral, write copy for the product) in the digital media space while excelling at explaining Doorkee’s value prop cohesively.
- is as comfortable designing flyers and posters for 500+-unit apartment buildings as you are creating avant-garde Instagram posts.
- Has some experience in art direction and can help monitor the visual continuity of brand identity.
- wants to help define, protect and grow/develop a badass & unique brand identity for a fast-growing startup that’s appealing to a generation of people that need brands to listen to them
- Is excited to assist in the creative ideation and strategic plans for paid, branded content opportunities across all digital, social/audio channels, marketing initiatives and experiential activations.
- Has a strong faculty for copywriting and knowing how to adjust tone and language per environment or audience
- thrives while wearing multiple hats and can keep a lot of balls in the air
- Is a rockstar researcher that knows that knowledge is power and make sure the marketing strategy is informed by data
- Is scrappy, resourceful and is a kaleidoscopic problem solver
- Has a willingness to thrive in a startup environment, highly motivated and possesses an entrepreneurial spirit
- believes that platforms that cut out the unnecessary middleman and empower consumers to work together is the best way to reinvent the rental experience
In this job, you will:
- Be a thought-partner and creative asset to the entire Doorkee team, but especially be a right-hand person for the Head of Marketing as the two of you will highly collaborative when building and iterating campaigns
- Collaborate with the Head of Marketing (and our digital agency) on creating and executing a sophisticated marketing program of both online and offline strategies that evolves alongside our growing company
- Work alongside other teams like Customer Success, Growth and Product to make sure any marketing asks they need from the marketing department are done, quickly but also well-- copywriting, art directing, connecting partners (your role will often ensure you taking the first stab at their requests). Eg: Spearhead collateral updates for our out-of-home creative that we post in partnered buildings (design and copy): Postcards, Doorhangs, Flyers, Sales and Pitch Decks
- Work very closely with the Head of Marketing to manage external partners like our digital paid media agency running campaigns, and our PR team to ensure that these work streams are aligned and helping us hit our ambitious targets.
- Take initiative at pitching the Head of Marketing on your PR slant ideas for news-hijacking that we can send to our PR partner
- Lead community management of our social media channels and partner with the Success Team when needed (responding instagram comments and DMs)
- Need some design experience and familiarity with designing tools like Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Experience working on marketing campaigns i.e social, digital, audio, web-based, event, etc. Could be at an agency or directly with a brand.
- Experience being a designer/art director, brand storyteller, and helping with strategy
- Fluency in the language of digital media: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, engagements, etc.